Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 Massage Therapy Research Fund. This is a wonderful opportunity for students and alumni to exercise their research muscles!
The MTRF funds academic research into many aspects of massage therapy as a discipline and as a profession. According to the MTRF:
“Eligible research topics include, but are not limited to:
– Massage Therapy effectiveness, efficacy and safety;
– Massage Therapy competencies and competency assessment;
– Access to and delivery of Massage Therapy services;
– Professionalization of Massage Therapy; and
– Evaluation of Massage Therapy practice.”
This year, they are also placing a special call for research on massage for soft tissue injuries.
Applications will be accepted until September, and more than $100,000 in funding is up for grabs for researchers across the country.
Read more on Massage Therapy Canada’s website.
Thanks to Instructor Anna Faris for bringing this to our attention.