Prepare for a Successful Massage Therapy Career in Calgary, AB
More people than ever before are turning to massage therapy to treat injury, reduce pain, and ease stress. Whether you’re just starting out, ready to make a career change, or perhaps looking for a second source of income, now is an exciting time to begin a massage career.
MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy offers the positive, challenging, and innovative learning experience you need to grow into a capable and knowledgeable massage therapist.
Start Your Education From Home Right Now
You don’t have to wait until January or September to start your massage therapy education! As soon as you’re accepted into the program and complete your registration, you’ll be able to begin working towards your MH Vicars School diploma online. No deadlines, no classrooms, and no tuition payments until class starts in January!
You’ll have full access to our two core science courses: Anatomy and Physiology, and Pathology. All your resources and assignments are available online, and an experienced Vicars instructor will be available to answer your questions and help you out.
Once class starts you’ll be a full-time student with a full-time workload, but right now you can do as much or as little work as you have time for. It’s the perfect opportunity to get ahead on your school work, get used to using the MH Vicars School online learning website, and start learning how to be a massage therapist!
Tell Me More
Train to be a registered massage therapist
If you’re passionate about promoting health and wellness, enjoy helping others heal and working with your hands, and would like to pursue a career with flexible job opportunities, a career in massage therapy could be right for you.
The Massage Therapy Diploma Program from MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy provides the hands-on training, practical experience, and high academic standards it takes to become a skilled massage therapist. Our combined online and in-class program has been curated with a careful balance of building technical skills and nurturing healing hands.
Classes are active and led by experienced massage professionals, so you get the personalized attention it takes to improve quickly and gain the real-world skills clients and employers expect. Areas covered include:
- Massage Theory
- Patient Safety
- Learning Anatomy through Movement
- Swedish & Non-Swedish Massage Techniques
- Chair Massage
- Palpation & Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Remedial Exercise
- Therapeutic Massage Techniques
- And More!
The program is specifically designed so you get the skills it takes to pursue a rewarding massage career with minimal disruption to your life:
- Online and At Home Coursework: You will complete course modules on your own time at home. Coursework includes all of the areas listed above. The majority of your coursework will be completed online and at home, so you have freedom and flexibility to meet your needs
- Hands-On Training: During the four days per month that you are on campus, you will learn alongside experienced massage therapists and get receive personalized instruction, train in our Public On-Campus Clinic, and connect with fellow students
Convenient schedule options for you
We believe our students shouldn’t have to choose between quality, convenience, or affordability when they decide to go back to school. Our massage therapy program is designed with flexible monthly and weekly class sessions. Our schedule options were designed to fit your needs:
- Monthly – Tutorials are delivered all at once, for four days over one long weekend (Thursday to Sunday). There is an average of four weeks independent study between sessions. This option is helpful for students who must drive (or fly) some distance to attend class. You can take a full professional program without having to relocate!
- Weekly – Classes are the same weekday every week. This option is preferred by students who live close enough to commute to the school every week and who are able to take time off or get childcare during the week.
You still have time to enroll to become a Registered Massage Therapist in Edmonton, AB.
Monthly classes begin September 13, 2018. Get more info by filling out the form.
Hear from our successful graduate, Bree Skiba
I’m not much of a classroom person – I find it hard to sit and listen to a lecture. So the fact that it was only four classroom days a month worked really well for me. It was hands-on and I got to learn a lot of information in a short amount of time, and then take it home and digest it myself and reread. That setup worked really well for the way that I like to learn.
Karen Goforth, 2017 graduate
Build your massage career
You’ll enter the professional world with confidence knowing you have the complete massage qualifications that clients, employers, and insurance companies demand. After completing this program you’ll have the skills to help others, and the business savvy to turn your massage talents into a viable, lasting profession.
Balance school with your life
Our four-day on-campus sessions combined with independent coursework means you will receive personalized instruction and be able to connect with fellow students. Perfect for those that need to meet other responsibilities, such as work or family, while furthering your career in a full-time program.
Is a rewarding career in massage therapy right for you?
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in massage therapy and exploring whether MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy is right for you, click the button below to request more information.
A helpful Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
For immediate questions, give us a call at 1-866-491-0574.