What You Need To Start Your Massage Career
MH Vicars School is designed for mature learners who have excellent time management skills, are self-motivated, and are committed to becoming massage therapists.
Acceptance to our program is based on a single question: Is this student likely to succeed?
From experience, we know that successful students have:
- An aptitude for working independently
- A mature approach to learning
- A desire to learn about the body and its systems
- An understanding of the value of a career in massage therapy
We actively recruit students who are capable of succeeding in the Vicars program through a rigorous admissions process which includes a personal interview. Each application is considered individually and we only accept students who we feel will thrive in our program. Denials are never based on race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender or gender expression, or sexual orientation. International students are welcome, and pay the same tuition as Canadian students.
Prospective students must meet one of the following minimum academic standards:
- A high school diploma, having earned 50% or higher in Grade 12 English and a
Grade 12 Science course (or non-Alberta equivalent), OR
- A high school Equivalency Diploma, with General Educational Development (GED)
scores of 50 or higher in English and Science (or non-Alberta equivalent), OR
- 50 credits towards a high school diploma, including 50% or higher in Grade 10
English and Grade 10 Math, and have been out of high school for at least two years,
- Successful completion of an aptitude test administered by the school, and have been
out of high school for at least two years.
Our program is delivered in English. All students must have the ability to:
- Speak and communicate in English
- Listen and understand in English
- Read and write in English
If you have completed a high school, college, or university program delivered entirely in
English, we will accept your official transcripts from that program as evidence of your
If you have not completed the required English-language education, we will also accept a
wide range of English proficiency exams as proof of fluency. The following is a list of the
English tests we recognize, along with the minimum scores we will accept:
- TOEFL iBT: overall score of 95; including minimum of 20 in each four components
- TOEFL CBT: overall score of 240; including minimum essay score of 4.5
- IELTS Academic: 6 or higher
- CLB: Listening 8; Reading 8; Speaking 8; Writing 7
- MELAB: 80 or higher
Is a Rewarding Career in Massage Therapy Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Massage Therapy and exploring whether MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy is right for you, fill out this form and receive more information.
A helpful Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, please call 1-888-663-7142.