Meridian Massage and Acupressure
Instructor: Chantel Moen, RMT, R.Ac., DTCM
(November 16-17, 2019 in Calgary)
In this two-day workshop, students will learn:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory, Qi, Yin and Yang
- 12 main meridian pathways and the functions of their connecting organs
- the Du and Ren meridians and their functions
- commonly used acupressure points
- how to perform acupressure to treat conditions and harmonize energy
- how to perform a full body meridian massage treatment
Meridian massage differs from Shiatsu in that it is applied directly to the skin and muscle tissue with long flowing movements interspersed with some acupressure over specific points.The intention of the course is to help RMTs have a stronger effect on the muscular, circulatory and nervous system by adding the knowledge and skill of meridians and acupressure to their everyday massage treatment.
At the end of the course students will be able to give their clients a full body meridian massage treatment that relaxes the client, releases the muscles and harmonizes energy. RMT’s may choose to use meridian massage on its own or incorporate acupressure and meridian massage into their everyday massage treatments.
Cost: $450 +gst.
To Register: email firstname.lastname@example.org