Why Choose Independent Learning for Massage Training?
Independent learning may be the right choice for you, if
- You think a massage career is right for you, but a full-time on-campus course load is not.
- You need an income while you are studying, or have a family.
- You are willing to fit your schoolwork into your schedule, such as early in the morning, after your shift ends, or when the baby naps in the afternoon.
Conventional Monday-to-Friday programs may be a better choice, if
- You are fresh out of high school, and want the experience of being in school every day and getting to know students your own age.
- Your have little experience with working or studying independently.
- You don't fee confident about managing your time between tutorials, and are happier with quite a bit of structure.
Why Choose MH Vicars for Independent Learning?
The MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy is not the only independent-learning massage school in Alberta or Saskatchewan, but we are very proud of our program and how well our graduates are doing.
Potential students are referred to us by professional associations, by staff and administrators of other schools and colleges, by massage practitioners and - most satisfying to us - by our grads and by students currently enrolled.
They all refer to students to us because they like the course content and materials, and the calibre and dedication of our teaching staff.
The blended learning approach the school uses combines independent learning with regular tutorials. The tutorials include an in-class written test for mastery of the content of the previous module, lectures, discussion of new topics, and hands-on skills development.
In the hands-on work, qualified instructors demonstrate massage techniques, and students practice them on each other in a well-equipped teaching setting.
Except for the compulsory tutorials and examinations, the independent-learning format allows you to work at your own pace and on your own schedule, with e-mail or telephone access to your instructors. You will come to each tutorial prepared to discuss the assigned topics and do a written test on the month's readings.