We understand how important it is to consider the costs of post-secondary education when making the decision to train for a new career. MH Vicars School is designated for student loans by the Government of Alberta and the Government of Saskatchewan.
Tuition is set at $8,300 per year ($16,600 total). MH Vicars offers a no-fee, no-interest tuition payment plan to all students. Under this plan, students pay each year’s tuition in three instalments—50% of the tuition due on the first day of class and two payments of 25% spaced throughout the school year. The no-fee plan is intended to make training for a new career in massage therapy an affordable option for adult learners.
The school offers a small bursary program for students facing unexpected, emergency financial situations. Bursaries are awarded at the discretion of the school president, Maryhelen Vicars.
There is no differential tuition cost for international students.
- Textbooks for the program cost $716 ($596 first year, $120 second year). All textbooks are available through the school.
- Massage supplies (table, professional attire, linens and lotion) approximately $450
- Lab fee $30
- Career-related expenses (Massage association membership, first aid certification, practitioner's license) approximately $800
Our program is designated for government financial assistance, meaning that students from Alberta and Saskatchewan are eligible to apply for provincial and federal student loans.
- For information on Alberta Students Loans, see the ALIS student finance webpage: http://alis.alberta.ca/ec/fo/studentsfinance/students-finance.html
- For information on Saskatchewan student loans, see the AEEI student finance webpage: http://www.aeei.gov.sk.ca/applying-assistance
The independent learning format of our program makes it possible for students to work part- or even full-time while studying at MH Vicars. The scheduling of tutorials one day a week or one long weekend per month means that students do not have to relocate to Edmonton or Calgary and can continue living and working in their home communities.
Attention out-of-town students:
Attending monthly tutorials at MH Vicars School just got even more affordable!
MH Vicars School is pleased to announce a new financial assistance program. Starting in September, if you’re enrolled in one of our monthly classes and live more than 100km from campus, you’re automatically eligible for a Distance Grant of $1000.
Just like our No-Fee Tuition Installment Plan, the Distance Grant is one of our many efforts to make going back to school as easy and affordable as possible for you!
This program will apply to any first-year students applying for September 2013 or January 2014 classes. Call or email today if you have any questions.